1.Discipleship – What is it?
“What is the definition of discipleship?” Dictionary.com defines a disciple as:
Disciple-one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: such as a
Christian: one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ’s followers according to the Gospel accounts. We are all disciples already. We may not necessarily be disciples of Christ or of the Christian faith, but we are disciples of something. Maybe you have a favorite writer, or a sports star that you grew up trying to emulate. Perhaps there’s a person that you work with that you try to learn from. Maybe it’s something else. But whatever it is, each of us is already a disciple. But the question is are You a disciple of Christ? In the Bible, Christ’s final command to His followers is to “Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). The Christian church has taken this command very seriously, but what does it mean to the uninitiated? What does it mean to be a disciple of Christ, much less to make more disciples?
2.List & Get To Know The Disciples
List the 12 disciples and write 200 characters below about each disciple telling about what you have learned about each one.
3.Changing From The Inside (Read & Explain Readings)
The important distinction with Christian discipleship is that we are not only called to learn the teachings of Jesus Christ, we are also called to live them. A disciple who bases his or her life on the teachings of Christ “like a person building a house, who dug a deep hole to lay the foundation on rock” Read-(Luke 6:48). When we make our initial declaration of faith and ask Christ to be our Savior, He will begin changing us from the inside, giving us the ability to understand His word and the desire to live it.
This change happens in many ways. Here are a few examples of how God changes us from the inside:
- As we read God’s Word, we learn about Jesus and how He lived. We begin to understand what it means to be like Jesus. We learn to put Him first in all things (Mark 8:34-38). 1. Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
- We become equipped to listen to the Holy Spirit, who lives within us. He helps us resist temptation and overcome trials (Ephesians 6:10-18). 2.Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
- We learn how to examine our thoughts, actions, and words—always comparing them with Scripture. We want to be doers of the Word, and not hearers only (James 1:22). 3. Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
- We begin to understand what it means to “abide in Christ.” As we abide, the Holy Spirit produces fruit in our lives—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These aren’t things we can conjure up on our own. They are produces by the Holy Spirit—a change from the inside out (Galatians 5:22-23). 4. Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
- We start loving other people through action (John 13:35). 5. Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
- We long to share our faith with others and tell unbelievers about the changes Jesus has made in our lives (1 Peter 3:15). 6. Read & Explain in a 1-3 Paragraph what this statement and scripture means.
Complete 500 Word Essay on the importance of “Disciples: Changing From The Inside Out”